Dapat laging may medic: Vilma Santos wants shooting venues to be safer after Eddie Garcia’s death
Batangas Rep. Vilma Santos has urged television networks and film production companies ro beef up safety measures in shooting locations following the death of veteran actor Eddie Garcia.
Santos said Garcia’s death serves as an “eye opener” about the need to ensure safety for actors and other members of the production staff.
“This is not the perfect time for fingerpointing. Siguro eye opener lang ito para malaman nila. Kasi I’ve been in show business mahigit nang 50 years, hindi naman all the time noong araw pa na merong ambulansya sa shooting or merong doktor, ” she said.
“But since it happened, siguro magiging eye-opener na ‘to na karapat-dapat lamang, lalo na kung action films, na in every shooting or taping ay required na meron tayong medics talaga,” Santos added.
The Batangas lawmaker visited Garcia’s wake at the Heritage Memorial Park in Taguig City Saturday.
Garcia, 90, died after being in a state of coma for almost two weeks. He was rushed to the hospital earlier this month after tripping on a cable at the shooting of a television series for GMA Network.
Doctors said Garcia broke his neck from the incident.
GMA Network said it is still investigating the incident and why there were no medics around to help Garcia.
The comments posted on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of POLITICS.com.ph. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.