Manhid! Imee slams PNoy for downplaying ‘tanim bala’ issue
Ilocos Norte governor Imee Marcos has scored President Benigno Aquino III for accusing the media of blowing up the issue about the alleged scam involving the planting of bullets in airline passengers’ bags at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport.
In her Bulgar column, Marcos described Aquino’s remarks about the media’s coverage of the so-called “tanim-bala” issue as “insensitive” considering that some travelers have come forward to assert their innocence after bullets were found in their luggage.
The President had downplayed the issue in Kuala Lumpur last Nov. 22 by saying that only 1,200 of the estimated 34 million passengers who passed through NAIA had been apprehended for allegedly carrying bullets.
Referring to Aquino’s statement, Marcos said, “Napaka-insensitive nga naman ng pagkakasabing ito ni PNoy, as in, parang walang pagpapahalaga sa mga isyu ng ating mga kababayan, lalo na silang mga OFW na ilang beses na ring naging biktima ng tanim-bala extortion scheme.”
The governor said the President’s statement on the issue showed he is desperate to let it die down.
“Kunwari pa kamong mag-utos siya (Aquino) ng imbestigasyon dito pero parang nilinis lang niya agad ang mga opisyal na involved sa isyu sa pagsasabi na meron lang daw gustong manabotahe sa kanyang administrasyon,” Marcos said.
The comments posted on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of POLITICS.com.ph. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.