Mendoza hits Congress for delaying Mamasapano probe results
Batangas Rep. Mark Llandro Mendoza has slammed his colleagues for delaying the results of the House of Representatives investigation into the bloody Mamasapano incident.
In a statement, Mendoza said the House of Representatives should also be liable for hiding the results of its congressional investigation on the Jan. 25 botched “Oplan Exodus” anti-terror raid in Mamasapano, Maguindanao which hunted down international terrorist Zulkifli Bin Hir.
Mendoza said the Senate and the Department of Justice finished with its investigation and yet the House of Representatives remains secretive of its probe.
He urged the House committees on public order and safety and on peace and reconciliation to release the findings of its congressional probe.
“Filipinos deserve to know the truth. So far, nearly all investigating bodies, including that of our Senate counterpart, have arrived at a conclusion of their own inquiries, I see no reason why we cannot do the same,” said Mendoza, a senior member of the House public order and safety committee which jointly investigated the Mamasapano incident.
The raid resulted in a botched encounter among the Special Action Force (SAF) troopers, the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF), the Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters, and other private armed groups which ended with at least 67 deaths, 44 of which from the SAF.
The House delayed releasing the results of the investigation as Congress is rushing to pass the Malacanang’s proposed Bangsamoro basic law (BBL), which would have implemented a peace deal with the MILF and created another Bangsamoro entity at the helm of the MILF. Several men from the MILF face murder charges due to the incident.
The comments posted on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of POLITICS.com.ph. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.